Reggie's Place

Reggie's Place
reggies regies regis place

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New or Used

When I started climbing, I was luckily steered in the right direction. "BUY USED SHOES before you buy new ones," I was told. - Why, you might ask?  First of all, I was not at all sure what kind of shoes I wanted or needed. I would probably have gone with the most aggressive shoe I could buy (an ego buy). Second reason, if you are like some people I know, your new sport endeavor could last all of one day before being pushed aside for another sport (nothing wrong with this either)...

 I bought a pair of used lace-up beginners/indoor non-technicals for about 25$ from a second hand sporting store and began my pursuit my freshman year of college...I slowly began to learn what I liked, what I would need (but more importantly: why I would need it).

No Slippers- too loose.
Velcro would be nice- I'm always moving around to new spots.
Rubber- What types of climbs/rocks have I been climbing (nothing too aggressive, rarely cracks)
...and narrow my search from there...

The point I am trying to make is... sometimes USED GEAR is the way to go! -a small investment early on can point you in the right direction...

These shoes we have posted (Women's Vapor V Climbing Shoes) seem to have been used rarely if not a few times and are for sale at nearly half the price. I am not saying go buy these shoes necessarily as much as I am saying be a smart shopper...

Ok, done.

-Reggie's Place Employee

No comments:

Post a Comment