Reggie's Place

Reggie's Place
reggies regies regis place

Friday, May 18, 2012


Where I work and where I live you will find people who are involved in a multitude of sports and activities. I myself am a person who on any given weekend will bike, hike, rock climb, go caving, white water rafting, kayaking, etc. All these activities require gear and sometimes a large amount of gear.

One of my biggest challenges is getting all this gear ready to go. I have my gear rack and gear boxes with backpacks, sleeping bags and sleeping pads stacked and hanging from the walls.

A way that I combat the organization of gear is just to take it all with me in totes (not the smartest if you don't have a truck or large carrying capacity car), or put the gear for each activity in its own bag. This essentially creates a 'Go Bag' for whatever activity is next, a simple and easy way to be ready for the activity in a quick and timely manner. A favorite bag of mine is the The North Face's Base Camp duffel bags.


It opens up wide so i can stack or just throw the gear in. The handles allow me to carry it like a duffel, or to carry it like a backpack and the material is made from pretty bomber material that will take the equivalent of being dragged behind a bus in Australia for a few kilometers.

-Jeff


No comments:

Post a Comment